Hours: Part time (30 hours per week) becoming full time within a year.
Compensation: $17 per hour.
Contact Pr. Bonnie Gerber at firstname.lastname@example.org or Office phone 614.885.0112, ext 303.
To learn more about All Saints Lutheran Church, please visit their website at www.saintsonhigh.org
See job description below.
Applications will be received until August 3
All Saints Lutheran Church
Director of Communications
• Provide collaborative leadership to develop and execute communication strategies for All Saints Lutheran Church
• Define and target segments of the congregation requiring unique communication approaches and develop the best approach for each
• Develop relevant and consistent communications for All Saints congregation and community
Reports to Lead Pastor
Duties and Responsibilities
Relationship Building – is a trusted and dependable team player who collaborates with a wide variety of groups
• Supports Pastors and staff leadership providing guidance, planning, talking points, etc.
• Supports key committees, task forces and ministry groups regarding events, messaging and communication tactics
Channel Management – ongoing inventory and maintenance of communication channels
• Weekly Update (email newsletter)
• Monthly Newsletter (online, print, email)
• Bulletin Boards and Posters
• Video monitor content
• Bulletin inserts
• Sunday announcements
• Lawn Signage
• Email devotions
• Mailings to members
• Social media coordination
• Annual Report
• New member and baptism parent meetings
• External communications (press releases, media interaction
Coordination – Calendar of events maintenance for message cadence. Anticipate timing and deadlines, project impacts and integration of activities
Content creation – Has a passion and skill for “telling our story,” a nose for news, highlighting ASLC mission and ministry through our members. Journalistic writing skills with AP style expertise.
Measurement and monitoring – Refine measures of success for communication outcomes. Introduce best practice for member communications (Web Trends metrics, email open rates, Facebook posts, etc.). Provide feedback and evaluation processes.
Project management – Develop communication action plans for major projects such as, annual stewardship campaign, VBS, Festivals, Annual Meeting, Back-to-School programming, etc.
Audience understanding – Create communication “tool kit” and templates for member leaders to help them efficiently use communication channels to promote their ministry efforts.
• Christ-centered person of faith
• Exceptional leadership, organizational and motivational skills
• Collegial and approachable team player who is respectful of others
• Ability to coach and share knowledge with congregational members as well as other staff members
• Attention to detail yet flexible in last-minute situations
• Demonstrates strong communication skills and works well in cross-functional setting
• Develop and manage communications budget
• BA in communications or related field preferred. Copywriting and web editing experience preferred and knowledge of marketing or advertising desirable.
• Preferred, at least, 2-5 years experience
• Extensive knowledge of social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other content sharing platforms
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Skilled in professional communication with diverse audiences; excellent verbal and written communication
• The requirements of the All Saints Personnel Policies manual pertaining to sick leave, internet and computer use, including social media use and expectations of conduct which are not detailed in this Job Description shall remain in effect.
6770 N High St